Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How to copy a file from Linux to Windows

If you are looking to copy a file from Linux to Windows, look no further.
Download pscp.exe from here. The one I downloaded earlier gave me the error : pscp.exe is not a valid win32 application. Hence, I downloaded it from here.
On your Windows PC, create a folder. I created d:\bak on my WIN XP PC and copied the pscp.exe there. I also ran a batch file called bak.bat which contains:
pscp.exe -pw users_password user@server_ip_addr:/backup/*.zip d:\bak

This will copy all the zip files from the backup folder on your Linux machine to the bak folder in the D drive of your Windows PC. This was tested on a PC running WIN XP.

If you would like to learn how to copy a file from Windows to Linux, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment